RSVP for this FREE event on the #smdaycincy Mashable Meetup Page!
Join the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region’s celebration of Mashable’s Social Media Day on Saturday, June 30, 2012.
Check-In to Kick Off
The festivities begin at 6pm with our Check-In/Kick Off on the Purple People Bridge. Join us for our second annual, free celebration as we acknowledge our region’s vibrant social media community.
This year’s event will be even bigger than 2011, so here’s a quick overview of the event — including how you can get involved.
When: Saturday, June 30, 2012 from 6pm to 9pm
Where: Our Check-In/Kick-Off is on the Purple People Bridge, we’ll then adjourn to Jefferson Hall for the #smdaycincy tweet and meet after we get started with some important announcements.
What: #smdaycincy represents Cincinnati Social Media and CastlePoint Group working together to acknowledge our entire region’s social media community — and to tell you how you can help Cincinnati during the upcoming World Choir Games.
After checking in on the Purple People Bridge and kicking things off with attendees, we’ll head to Jefferson Hall for our Tweet and Meet celebration with free pizza from LaRosa’s Pizzeria, cake, photo opps from Christiaan Todd Photography, great music from DJ Ice Cold Tony and more. Jefferson Hall, and its cash bar, makes for the perfect backdrop for this free event.
Why: Mashable’s designated Cincinnati as a most social city in the past. We’re using this annual event to acknowledge our region’s social media efforts. This is about what we’ve done with social media and, more importantly, how the social media community can do even more to help others.
Who: Our sponsors make this event possible, including Possible Worldwide, Powerhouse Factories, Rockfish Interactive, LaRosa’s Pizza, Christiaan Todd Photography, DJ Ice Cold Tony, CastlePoint Group and Cincinnati Social Media. For more information on sponsorship opportunities, send a note to SMDayCincy AT gmail DOT com.
Participate, It’ll Be Great
There are a number of ways you can participate.
- Volunteer: Volunteers will be needed to help out with a myriad of event details, during the event in particular. To learn how you can help, send an email to SMDayCincy AT gmail DOT com.
- Sponsor: The cost of this free event is offset by our sponsors. We need more sponsors to cover existing costs and to help make this an event better event. To learn about the benefits of sponsorship and other related details, send an email to SMDayCincy AT gmail DOT com.
- Get “Social Proof”: Social Proof is designed to show all of the different facets of our region’s growing social media community. Make sure you’re on the list by filling out this form. Your information will fuel a blog roll that will evolve into much more.
- Spread the Word: In addition to attending, don’t forget to help spread the word about the event using the #smdaycincy hash tag or displaying our fine #smdaycincy visuals in your Facebook timeline.
- Register: Registration is free and simple. Just visit our MeetUp page.
- Join Us: Don’t forget to join us on Saturday, June 30, 2012 and be a part of this nationwide celebration.
Thanks and we look forward to meeting up in person, while we’re tweeting and checking-in, sharing pics and all that other great social stuff.